- Download the desired build from Hudson CI
- Checkout the latest QA spreadsheet, make a copy and name it properly.
- Fill-in the details in the first ~20 rows
- Execute the tests
- Run the test on the target platform
- Mark Pass (Y/N) column with Y(es)/N(o)/P(artial)
- Report found issues on GitHub and fill-in Bug/Additional info:
<No>) #<GitHub issue number> Issue description e.g. 1) #1111 Issue description... 2) #1112 ...
- Add issue number to appropriate Build number column.
- Place the results into
When verifying the fixed issues, fill-in the appropriate Build number column with issue status e.g.
#1111 - verified
Office suite support
There are several commercial office suites and their free alternatives available. It is recommended to use the open document format - ods - with varying degrees of support in these office suites.
The best option that preserves most spreadsheet functionality is to open and save the file in LibreOffice 5.2+.
Second best option is to open and save the file in OpenOffice 4.1+. Here only some conditional formatting will not show.
Excel 2010 doesn’t open/repair the file properly, so formulas will be lost and replaced with values. OpenOffice 4.0 doesn’t handle all formulas/conditional formatting properly either - errors may be shown instead.
File Naming Convention
Copy and rename qa_kura.ods this way:
qa_kura_<version>_<installer name>[_<name or initials>].ods
- Raspberry Pi
- BeagleBone Black
- Fedora PI
- Oracle JDK 1.8
- Open JDK 1.8